1. Agroteknologi & Teknologi Bioproduk
Ketua : Dr. Agus Dana Permana
Integrated Biorefenery Concepts
(Sugar Platform, Biogas Platform, Carbon Rich-Chain Platform, Thermochemical Platform, and Plant Products Platform)
– Increase the value of agricultural products
– Reducing the dependence on the processing of agricultural products
2. Bioteknologi Mikroba
Ketua : Dr. Pingkan Aditiawati
– Short-term (2012-2014)
Exploration and characterization of microbes that have potentials to be developed in the field of food and energy
– Medium-term (2015-2020)
Product development and bioprocess
– Long-term (2020-2025)
Applications in bioindustry and prototype and protocol development that can be used in industrial and environmental
Ketua : Prof. Tati Suryati Syamsudin
– Ecological services: quantification and prediction
– Evaluation of ecosystem responses to global anthropogenic changes
– Biodiversity changes and dynamics
– Coupled human and natural systems dynamics
– Land use and habitat loss
– Adaptive potential of ecosystems
– Water loss and degradation
– Carbon dynamics
– Invasive species
– Complex retroactions between ecosystems compartements
– Biogeochemical imbalance
4. Fisiologi, Perkembangan Hewan & Sains Biomedika
Ketua :Dr. Ahmad Ridwan
Human and Animal’s Molecule; Cell; Tissue; Organ; Organ system; Organism
Sciences and applications of: Physiology, Biology Development, Biomedical principles
5. Genetika & Bioteknologi Molekuler
Ketua :Dr. Fenny Martha Dwivany
- Genetic /molecular diversity of tropical resources for biocorrosion, biomining, bioremediation.
- Quality improvement of tropical fruit durian (durian superior) with molecular breeding
- Post-genomics research : RNA level (transcriptomics), proteins (proteomics) and metabolites generated (metabolomics).
- Genetic manipulation/engineering.
- Metabolic engineering
- Synthetic biology (e.g: carbohydrase and sucrose isomerase)
- Study of banana ripening
- Disease at the molecular level : vaccines (molecular pharming)
6. Manajemen Sumber Daya Hayati
Ketua : Dr. Yooce Yustiana
- Application of management principles in biodiversity.
- The use of variety of biological principles (reproduction, heredity, grow, develop, interaction, adaptation) in biodiversity management practices.
- Efficiency model/process efficiency and optimization of sustainable use of biological resources at the level of genes, species (humans), and ecosystem.
7. Sains & Bioteknologi Tumbuhan
Ketua :Dr. Rizkita Rachhmi Esyanti
Developing (new) materials & plant products; adapting plants to environmental stresses; engineering plant cultivation; improving plant growth, quality & reproduction.
- Initial stage (2012-2013) : in vitro plant propagation of Vetiveria zizanioides and evaluation of oil synthesis on root (in vitro plantlet).
- Developmental stage to increase the oil production (2013-2014) : cell culture & hairy root culture transformed by A. rhizogenes.
- Final stage (2015-….) : Optimization for scale up production of vetiver oil.
8. Teknologi Kehutanan
Ketua :Eka Mulya Alamsyah, Ph.D.
Forest Characterization :
– Extent, quality & changes
– Floristic diversity
– Growing environment of trees
– Carbon stock & cycle
– Improvement of genetic materials of commercial species
– Development of intensive silviculture
– Development of low-cost silviculture
Technology for processing forest produtcs
– Improvement of quality and durability of wood
– Modification of timber and non-timber forest products
– Diversification of raw material and forest products