Ketua : Prof. Dr. Agus Dana Permana
Integrated Biorefenery Concepts (Sugar Platform, Biogas Platform, Carbon Rich-Chain Platform, Thermochemical Platform, and Plant Products Platform)
- Increase the value of agricultural products
- Reducing the dependence on the processing of agricultural products
Ketua : Prof. Dr. Pingkan Aditiawati
- Short-term (2012-2014)
Exploration and characterization of microbes that have potentials to be developed in the field of food and energy
- Medium-term (2015-2020)
Product development and bioprocess
- Long-term (2020-2025)
Applications in bioindustry and prototype and protocol development that can be used in industrial and environmental
Ketua : Prof. Tati Suryati Syamsudin
- Ecological services: quantification and prediction
- Evaluation of ecosystem responses to global anthropogenic changes
- Biodiversity changes and dynamics
- Coupled human and natural systems dynamics
- Land use and habitat loss
- Adaptive potential of ecosystems
- Water loss and degradation
- Carbon dynamics
- Invasive species
- Complex retroactions between ecosystems compartements
- Biogeochemical imbalance
Ketua : Dr. Ahmad Ridwan
Human and Animal’s Molecule; Cell; Tissue; Organ; Organ system; Organism
Sciences and applications of: Physiology, Biology Development, Biomedical principles
Ketua : Prof. Dr. Fenny Martha Dwivany
- Genetic /molecular diversity of tropical resources for biocorrosion, biomining, bioremediation
- Quality improvement of tropical fruit durian (durian superior) with molecular breeding
- Post-genomics research : RNA level (transcriptomics), proteins (proteomics) and metabolites generated (metabolomics)
- Genetic manipulation/engineering
- Metabolic engineering
- Synthetic biology (e.g: carbohydrase and sucrose isomerase)
- Study of banana ripening
- Disease at the molecular level : vaccines (molecular pharming)
Ketua : Dr. Yooce Yustiana
- Application of management principles in biodiversity.
- The use of variety of biological principles (reproduction, heredity, grow, develop, interaction, adaptation) in biodiversity management practices.
- Efficiency model/process efficiency and optimization of sustainable use of biological resources at the level of genes, species (humans), and ecosystem.
Ketua : Dr. Rizkita Rachhmi Esyanti
Developing (new) materials & plant products; adapting plants to environmental stresses; engineering plant cultivation; improving plant growth, quality & reproduction.
- Initial stage (2012-2013) : in vitro plant propagation of Vetiveria zizanioides and evaluation of oil synthesis on root (in vitro plantlet).
- Developmental stage to increase the oil production (2013-2014) : cell culture & hairy root culture transformed by A. rhizogenes.
- Final stage (2015- …) : Optimization for scale up production of vetiver oil.
Ketua : Eka Mulya Alamsyah, Ph.D.
Forest Characterization :
- Extent, quality & changes
- Floristic diversity
- Growing environment of trees
- Carbon stock & cycle
Silviculture Technology :
- Improvement of genetic materials of commercial species
- Development of intensive silviculture
- Development of low-cost silviculture
Technology for processing forest produtcs :
- Improvement of quality and durability of wood
- Modification of timber and non-timber forest products
- Diversification of raw material and forest products